homebase-seattle

Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday

Well, it's Black Friday, which means that for us gentlefolk... we are almost up to Red December. If you know where Black Friday gets its name, you will get the joke.
Ray and I just got back from a lovely, snow-filled, radar-trapped, windy, marathon drive to Idaho and back. We spent a wonderful Thanksgiving with the Gregoire-de-Boise. That's supposed to be a play on words, as our last name was originally Gregoire de Blois back in the 1600's or thereabouts. I don't know what Blois (pronounced blwah) means, but Boise (the Idaho town) is French for "the woods".
Anyway, we had a wonderful time with Scott, Meg, Maddy Moo, Kenzie Roo, and Stanley. The pictures on Ray's Blog are not the best, but you get the idea. (I took the pics.) The food was fab. The grandchildren were a blessing. Scott and Meg were truly loving hosts. I love them all dearly. I had so much fun playing with the two girls. Maddy and the adults decorated pinecones with glitter glue. All of us gorged ourselves on turkey, stuffing, potatoes and two pies.
I'm now hoping to get a subscription to Jenny Craig for Christmas, as I can't think of anything I need more...except peace on earth.
Hope that the Gregoire de Boise' had as much fun as we did. We really appreciate everything that Scott and Megan did for us. I am looking forward to seeing the Spudcrew again, though we might take a plane over next time, and skip the road-trip part.
Hugs to everyone. Hope you are reading this, Meg.
Christina Gregoire de Blois

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home